Sunday, February 24, 2013

Omego-3 and ADD


         Among other benefits, like improved blood circulation, Omego-3 fatty acids are also a healthy nutrient for the Brain. Research that I found concerning ADD showed;

 Here are a few ways that I try to get some Omego-3 amino acids; 
 Fish oil is the best way to get the Omego-3 fatty acids, however, since my husband hates even the look of fish and I am pretty dang poor, I have been searching for other methods of getting the Omego-3’s my brain needs.


I drink Soy Milk because I am lactose intolerant and the other day I found this special one packed with Omego-3’s! (not all soy milk contains Omego-3)


I need to take a Multivitamin and I found that this gummy kind works well for me – HOWEVER, they can bring on some nasty fishy burps so make sure you chew them well or you can get the gel pill form that has special “anti-burp” coating :)


One of the easiest ways I have found to add this nutrient is adding some ground Flax Seed to my diet. Not only do I get the extra fiber I need, I get that Omego-3 boost.

*Note: Omego-3 Amino acids aren’t a “fix-it-all” and are best added to a healthy, balanced diet. However, if we can improve living with ADHD even a little more, especially in our children, then I want to learn more.

·       ·       What has been your experience with Omego-3?


·       What other diet changes that you have made that you have noticed decreased symptoms of ADD?

No comments:

Post a Comment